If you haven’t been married before, then trying to figure out how long you need your wedding vendors for is oh so confusing! Most wedding planners give you all these details, but with so many DIY weddings these days, getting the timing right can be hard.
When it comes to your car hire there are a few things to consider…
- How far away is your pick up location from your ceremony location?
- Are there any stops along the way for pre-ceremony photos?
- If your vehicle is a vintage car or a limo, then you need to add contingency time – they don’t move as fast as your zippy everyday driver lol!
- Is your vehicle being used for both you and your partner? Do you require a couple of trips?
- Are photos of you getting out of the vehicle important? If so, allow time for you photographer to snap away before you walk down the aisle.
- What about photographs with the full bridal party after the ceremony? If your vehicle is also a prop for photos, then you need to consider the length of your ceremony AND how long your family photos will take after the ceremony. Often, your driver and vehicle will need to wait an hour or more between use.
- Do you need to be driven to alternative locations for photos? If so, how far away? Again, allow for a slower drive than Google Maps will tell you lol!
Arrive to brides house 1.30 / 15 min photos with car / arrive at ceremony space 2.20 / 10 min photos of dad helping bride out and bridal party fixing veil with car in background etc. / 30min ceremony / 30 family photos / bridal party to be transported off site for photos 45min / return to reception
Total time required in this example is 3 hours.
If you are still confused, then chat to your photographer and also your transport hire company – they will be more than happy to figure out what you need and quote accordingly.
And, if you are after a vehicle that will fit up to 7 of your crew… then Kandid Kombi might be for you!